CYPRUS SCIENCE UNIVERSITY
ONLINE EXAM IMPLEMENTATION RULES
- PRE-EXAM RULES AND STUDENT OBLIGATIONS
- You can take the exam with computers, mobile phones, tablets, etc. However, it is recommended to take the exam with a computer in order to minimize technical disruptions.
- Online exam will be carried out through MICROSOFT TEAMS with your corporate e-mail (e-mail with stu.csu.edu.tr extension) given to you by Cyprus Science University. The e-mail address and password you log into the Microsoft TEAMS are unique to you. All implementations made with the student password will be deemed to have been made by the relevant student.
- All electronic devices, except the device you use to take the exam, must be turned off (For example, it you are taking the exam on your other devices such as, mobile phone, tablet, computer, etc. must be off.)
- Our university is not responsible for internet connection problems occurring at your place. It is the responsibility of student to take the necessary precautions. Therefore, before the exam, you should take precautions against problems such as the internet connection cut off during the exam. For this purpose, we recommend that you have a fully charged laptop and a backup 3G internet connection that you can use as a personal hotspot other than the normal WIFI. It is recommended to have an internet connection with a minimum download speed of 8Mbps and an upload speed of 1 Mbps to avoid any connection problems during the exam.
- EXAM DURATION RULES AND STUDENT OBLIGATIONS:
- During the exam, the instructor of the relevant course and the Online Invigilator, who is responsible for any problems that may occur, will be available to help you during the exam and the invigilator will be presented to you before the exam by the instructor who conducts the exam.
- In case of system-related technical problems that may occur during the exam, the “Online Exam Technical Support Team”, which will be available online during the exam, you can write the problem you are having by starting a live Chat connection on Cyprus Science University website. If your problem will not be solved until the end of the exam, you must fill in the “Online Exam Technical Support Form” ( http://csu.tc/destek ) Thus, the problem you are experiencing will be recorded. In this case, you can apply for the make-up exam by filling in the “Make-up Exam Entry Form” (http://csu.tc/mazeret). Your letter of application for the Make-up Entry will be evaluated and determined by the department board along with the evidence that you have failed to take the exam or failed to complete the exam.
- If you will not be able to continue the exam due to the reasons beyond control (power cut, internet connection cut off, device failure, etc.), you can use the remaining time by re-entering the exam session before the exam ends. However, we would like to remind you that after the end of the exam period or when you click the “SUBMIT” button, your exam will be completed and you will not be able to take the exam again. In this case, you need to fill out the “Make-up Exam Application Form” (https://csu.tc/mazeret) on KİUS and add the evidence showing the problems you have experienced.
- It must not be listened to music by using any headphones or speakers during the exam and TV or other electronic devices making sounds must be turned off before the exam. In our simulations, it has been determined that such devices can prevent the completion of the exam safely.
- You must complete the exam within the time duration determined by the instructor of the related course. At the end of the exam duration, no extra time will be given and your answers will not be accepted if you submit your answers after the exam duration.
- Questions you do not answer or answer incorrectly will not be scored and your wrong answers will not have a negative effect on your correct answers.
- You can return to the questions you have left blank later on during the exam within the exam duration.
- Your exam environment should be quiet, calm and a closed area where there is nobody else. You are obliged to answer the exam questions without any source of information or without support from other person/people.
- During the exam, taking screenshots and recording images related to the examination system screen are strictly prohibited. Copying and sharing exam questions without any written permission from the exam responsible is a criminal act and it has a criminal responsibility. Exams of students who are determined to violate the ethics will be deemed invalid and disciplinary action will be initiated about them in accordance with the relevant provisions of Cyprus Science University Associate Degree and Undergraduate Education Regulation.
- In the event of detection of the actions of students such as entering the exam on behalf of someone or making someone to take the exam on behalf of the real person, their exam will be deemed invalid and the necessary discipline process will be started immediately pursuant to the Cyprus Science University Student Discipline Regulation.
C.RULES RELATED TO PROJECT/PRACTICE/REPORT-ARTICLE WRITING
- In exams such as Homework/ Project/ Practice/ Report-Article Writing, the student must complete the assignment within the specified time and upload it to KIUS as instructed by the course instructor.
- The reports must be prepared in keeping with the principles of publication ethics (Cyprus Science University Plagiarism Prevention Guide). Whether the prepared exam reports are prepared in accordance with the ethical principles will be checked by the instructor of the course in a system. Exam reports with ethical incompliance will not be taken into consideration in this case.
- Homework/ Project/ Practice/ Report-Article Writing must be prepared in a computer environment as they will be checked in the plagiarism checker program.
- Exams prepared as a Homework/ Project/ Practice/ Report-Article Writing must be written in accordance with the spelling rules of the language in which it is prepared.